Monday, May 30, 2011

There's Blood Everywhere.

If I had a blood bank, that would be the motto. I think this is a better alternative than "Blood Storage Surplus", or something equally uninspired. "There's blood everywhere" would be memorable, to say the least. I imagine the public would be outraged at the motto. And possibly think I'm not taking blood seriously. Or that blood is literally everywhere- on the walls, ceiling, etc. But what business do I have running a blood bank? None. I would, however, have a sign that read: "No vampires allowed." Discriminatory? Maybe. Pragmatic? You're damn right. Likely to end my brief stint in the blood bank management business? Probably.

How does one deal with the end? Yes, "the end". That perpetually dreaded dark cloud looming above our heads. The inescapable fate that awaits everything and everyone, regardless of how much wealth and power has been obtained. "The only two certainties in life are death and taxes" says Mark Twain, or so the internet would have you believe; given that Gandhi was feuding with NWA. "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks." Regardless, there is some truth in that quote. Everything has to end.

Dealing with the end really depends on the individual. I never really have a plan or strategy that extends beyond "deal with it" and "okay, this is real." It's a bit of a cop out because I don't have a specific answer but it's effective in the sense that I eventually get things done. That's how I am because the end tends to defy expectations. You expect one thing to end nicely and neatly but it's usually a bloodbath. Or the opposite could happen- a bloodbath is anticipated but you get red roses and blue skies such. As such, I'll match the end in that way- no discernible strategy or pattern. The method to this madness is to counteract the fact that the end is not always a tidy conclusion but an unpredictable mess, and the only way to deal with it is to present its polar opposite- staunch order, or match it with equal force- being as unpredictable as possible (or blank) in order to stand a chance of some sort. Which is really the only way to deal with things- match or overwhelm. Underwhelming never works to positive results.

You can pray for everything to be wrapped up nicely in a tidy box before dinner but chances are it ain't gonna happen. Nothing ever comes without a price. The degree of bloodshed will always vary on the circumstances. With me, I've always been indifferent, save for a few cases in which I was right in the middle of the bloodbath. There was blood everywhere, and tears. I tried my best to match the force of the end and I like to think I did relatively well but the reality is that my final reaction could best be summed up as "there's blood everywhere" with a cracking voice.

So, what can one gather from this rambling nonsense?

To match or overwhelm the end. How? You'll figure that out when you get to it. Will there be blood? Probably.

Hmm. I could just hang garlic nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.