Sunday, August 24, 2014

Absences

She disappeared for a while and it slowly devastated me. It splintered my solid foundation. In those moments of confusion and pain and anger, there was a light. A revelation during which I found myself and found knowledge.

It is often said that "absence makes the heart grow fonder." I will usually disagree and argue that absence opens the door for anger, confusion, and general feelings found in a corrupted heart. Not to say that the owner of the heart is an immoral, deplorable person but that something inside them isn't firing on all cylinders like it should be which in turn allows negativity to seep in and corrupt them. Extreme sadness, feelings of extreme helplessness, and generally being glum and blue more frequently than is considered healthy.

In my experience, absence causes confusion. Then anger, destruction, an unresolved apathy, and a general feeling of incompletion.

If the absence was explained, there are less problems because I am not in the dark.

I suppose the universal truth is that we all feel incomplete and to remedy it, we crave knowledge or at least answers.

Why did she abandon me?*
*I don't really care about this one anymore because I found something so good that whatever abandonment I felt is now a simple blip or just a tear in the ocean: nothing.

Why are we here?

What's life all about?

Boss, why are you doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.