Monday, September 5, 2016

She Abandoned Me

Silence
settling over the echoes of emptiness
of nothingness upon dust

Nary an iota
of what it never meant

Only faded rust

There was probably some hope
but now that's gone.

There was probably life on that planet
but now:
doomed to crawl towards the ever fading stars

Wasn't this miserable
Wasn't this weird
Wasn't this

Was more pleasant
Was more ferocious
Was more

But it's not anyone's responsibility

guide me in the right direction

It's nobody's cross to bear but my own

Yeah.

I'm on my own.

A skeleton howls at the stars.
twinkling ashes of yesterday cover self-made scars.
Night washes away a poorly self-constructed angst

The weakest shield from
"she abandoned me."

Was she ever here to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.