Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Wacky Mishaps of Professor Mole Vision

Liked I mentioned in the other post, I was reading through my earlier entries and saw many spelling errors. Among them were: missing letters, letters in the wrong places, and sometimes, missing words. I really can't explain why or how, other than the fact that I was probably being careless. I try to be somewhat meticulous with my writing... sometimes.

The way it's usually worked is that with academic writing, I've done one draft and turned it with no revisions and received a good grade. Up until I started college, then the professors began demanding multiple drafts though I really didn't want to write any more for them as I was satisfied with the grade I received (usually a high mark). I sound like an arrogant jerk, don't I? I'm simply stating the truth: I've done what I consider to be a minimal effort and received a damn good mark. Of course, it could be that I'm so hyper-critical of my own abilities that I perceive my abilities to be lesser than what they may in fact be. But I really have no way of knowing these things as of right now because I am still unable to view things without a horrible bias of sorts. A bias against myself, despite the fact that I love myself.

But getting back to the topic at hand...

My vision sucks, I have to wear glasses. But it's not that bad that I can't recognize keys and characters on a keyboard; therefore, the only logical explanation for any of this is that I was being careless. Or, more in keeping with the title of this post: Professor Mole Vision can be rather careless when it comes to writing. How? He'll keep writing and get so lost in his writing that he'll not notice the mistakes in spelling he's made.

Of course, sometimes, I'll write something rather outlandish that'll still make sense. What? Using "quantum of solace" in an academic essay not at all related to James Bond but Coleridge.

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.