Sunday, June 17, 2012

It Hurts to Make a Fist

The updates on here will be sporadic for a while because I've obtained a form of employment. It's not pretty or glamourous but no job truly ever is, if you think about it. Even the fancy, shiny ones have a dark side that takes away from the sheen and shine.

I won't really say what my employment consists of but I do enjoy it, to some extent. That is, I enjoy it because it lets me get some exercise and I get to work with my hands. That's something I've been wanting to do for a while because for the majority of my life I've had my nose buried in a book and the only tools in my hands were writing utensils, which got me thinking that I was really missing out on certain things. So it's fulfilling in that regard though not enough to make me want to do it for the rest of my life. I've got goals and they don't all include working with my hands outdoors for the rest of my life. But yes, I get some exercise, so it's quite good. Though, as the title of this entry says: it hurts to make a fist. Really, there's been some physical pain that has just not vanished, nor does it show signs of stopping or even improving in my favor. But I get paid money. I wouldn't say that money is my primary motivator but it is a major one because it makes the world go 'round, metaphorically speaking. We all know gravity and rotation makes the world go 'round. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it did come to be revealed that money did in fact play a very large role in the Earth's rotation. Well, I would be surprised, actually.

As you can extrapolate from that pointless babbling, I'll be busy working and making money in the physical world for a while. In that time, posting will suffer and become sporadic and infrequent. I'll still make an effort to post something substantial or at the very least entertaining.

For all this, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.