Monday, November 15, 2010

Time of the (Cold) Season

Hot enough for ya?
What the hell are you talking about? Winter is just around the corner. For goodness' sake, don't actually go looking for it; you'll just get lost. And people will stare at you funny. Trust me on this one, people have been staring at me funny since... well, always.

Anyway, winter'll be here very soon. At that point, one will notice an increase in frosty behavior on the weather's behalf. If they haven't already noticed a change in the weather, then I suppose I should congratulate them. It takes a special something to be completely oblivious to something so noticeable.

The weather changing isn't so bad, to be honest. It's a chance to wear thicker clothing that hasn't been used in quite some time. I'll be glad to "dust off" my other black coat. Wearing long sleeves is always fun, thought in my case it'll be fairly redundant as I wear long sleeves pretty often anyway. Of course, there'll be those who choose not to wear thicker clothing for reasons X, Y, etc. Again, I don't know how to respond to someone who wears booty shorts while the wind rips houses apart. The male part will of course grin, "Oh yeah" for a moment. Whereas the logical part will chuckle.

Of course, it doesn't really matter in California as it would in other parts of the country. It doesn't really matter because the weather in California is generally the same year round. Nice and sunny. For the most part, anyway. In some places. Maybe not all.

Still, there is a noticeable increase in frostiness just about everywhere... except for the southern hemisphere. This has struck me as cool (as my inner child would say), and intriguing as I would say. I think this is more to do with the novelty of such an experience. I think this would only apply if I'd go to Sydney during November and experience summer. Or kick it there during July and experience winter. I think the only reason I'd find that cool and intriguing would be for the culture shock value. Sorry, inner child. Regardless, I'd like to go someday. I do hope my reasons for visiting are for more than just the weather.

The weather here may not reach single digits but it'll most likely be enough to make me reach for my thicker coat and a cup of coffee in the morning. Even as Winter Jr loses steam and tries to compensate for its chilling inadequacies, in comparison to Winter.

And the erratic line has been drawn.

In a nutshell: cheers for colder weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.