Monday, April 18, 2011

Bombastard

I have a general disdain for excessive flashiness. Not to say that I have a problem with flashiness but I do have a problem with the excessive kind. In the sense that it crosses lines set in place to keep a balance. Though in reality, flashiness never fully reaches any sort of balance. I would say the main problem stems from excesses. Excessive flashiness and being overly bombastic in any regard is actually a detriment.

Detrimental as it emphasizes the wrong qualities about a person.

I'd rather hang out with someone who is shabby-looking and has little to offer in the way of material goods versus someone who carries the appearance of exuberance but has little to nothing in the way of actual substance.

This all just really means I am not fond of polar opposites and the desire to live in a world that is a stark contrast between light and dark with no swooning dusk or lovely dawn allowed to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.