Saturday, August 20, 2011

You Have Incurred My Wrath!

I've made a lot of people angry over the years. Some will just let their anger fade away because they realize there's really nothing to be angry about. Others have been angry for some time but eventually let it go. I doubt that anyone still holds a grudge against me but chances are there were people who did, or individuals. What never really changed was how they presented themselves: swearing, yelling, hatred and poison in their voice, and sometimes a threat. Sometimes they would just furrow their eyebrows, point at me and glare as if to say without words that I've incurred the wrath of some powerful creature. Or they'd just say, "You better watch your back." which is really a stupid thing to say.

In my opinion, "You'll pay for this!" is more menacing than "You better watch your back." Sure they're both vague but for me, "You'll pay for this" is a little more direct whereas "watch your back" would just make you spin until you're dizzy. If nausea is the goal then I congratulate you. Payment options- blood, money, reputation, life. See? Puts a great deal of fear into you, doesn't it?

The same wording would apply to "I'll get you for this." Because I see it as "I'll get you(r) _____ for this!" ____ = Blood, money, reputation ruined, life. Eh? Eh?

On the other side, people have made me angry over the years. Some more than others. I've held some grudges but have recently let them go. Why? They're not worth the time or effort it takes in planning out revenge and executing it. Though I have a horrible temper (or so I'm told), I haven't let it run wild in a long time. I plan on keeping it that, and it's been working quite nicely these past few years. I do get upset and annoyed with people every now and then. Only a glimpse of my anger shows but it's enough to make people take a step back and say "Whoa."

I don't like that feeling. Their eyes paint me as some vicious vile monster. I'm not a monster. I don't have a cataclysmic wrath ready to be unleashed in the blink of an eye. Maybe a bad temper that is under control but certainly not a wrath. At least I hope not.

Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.