Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In the Hall

I took it upon myself
for no reason
to journey to a land
of sand and trees and elves
and water and clouds
and other assorted stuff
from which dreams are made

Before I could,
I embarked on another journey
to see the king,
the knights,
the swords,
the blood stained smiles
and thorns.

They did not interest me.
Crumbling façade of long-gone ingenuity
of vanished days that sink into foggy memories
Drowned by time
and dust.

They did not interest me.

Not as much as her.

The queen.

Her jeweled majesty-
a display of splendor,
drew me in.

Brightly adorned,
she sat upon her throne and-
with every color shown,
called me closer

To something.
An end.
Oh, I don't know.

To think, to feel her thoughts
echo inside my head and
carve into my mind
an image

of something brutal and divine

That which is oft ignored
abused
and cast aside

Misused
mistreated
left bleeding

This poem is no longer worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.