Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kicking

About three years ago, I passed up an opportunity to do something memorable so that I could do something that, for the most part, is considered dull and uneventful: talk to my girlfriend (at the time). That's it. Just talk.

Looking back on it, I kick myself for being so stupid though at the time I thought it was a great gesture of how much I thought she meant to me.

She even told me I had made a mistake but I didn't think of it that way. I just wanted to talk to her.

Last night, that same opportunity presented itself and I seized it.

About three years ago, a theater was screening On Her Majesty's Secret Service and was having George Lazenby (James Bond himself) present for Q&A. Yes. I passed up an opportunity to meet James Bond just to talk to my girlfriend whom I was losing interest in rapidly.

Talk about stupid.

Last night, another theater was screening On Her Majesty's Secret Service and had George Lazenby there for Q&A.

I redeemed myself and no longer kick myself.

But there is a sense of dissatisfaction looming. While I did get to see the movie (one of the better ones), and see James Bond, I couldn't get an autograph or picture with him. They said he was going to stick around after the movie for pictures and autographs but it turned out that he didn't even stick around for the movie.

I can't pretend to know exactly what goes through his mind but I can imagine reasons as to why he wouldn't want to stick around.

That being said, I no longer kick myself for having missed an opportunity to do something memorable: see James Bond in person.

I'm not sad that I won't be seeing the Rolling Stones in concert this year because $600 for seats is ridiculous! Even nosebleed seats are ridiculous! $150!

I hope they're still around in another 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.