Friday, May 31, 2013

Eau

The concept of fragrances has always been something of an attention grabbing mystery with me. I can appreciate people smelling nice (and hygiene) in general but I never understood the concept of fragrances enough to use one regularly, or even occasionally. I'll stick with deodorant, thanks.

Prior to last week, I hadn't worn cologne or any fragrance in about 3 years and when I did, I only did so for one day. Prior to THAT, I had only worn cologne once in my entire life.

I think the reason I never really gave it much thought was because my sense of smell has always been fucked up. I've only begun to notice this fact in recent years. I think it stopped working at full capacity a few years ago, or I just never really noticed until recently when I had seemingly run out of things to occupy my mind and as such was forced to think of other things.

Really grasping at straws, my mind's eye is.

That being said, I appreciate good hygiene and smelling good. It often makes me feel ashamed when I walk somewhere on an errand and a girl who smells really good walks past. I feel bad because I probably skipped a shower and have absorbed the smell of the city, and sweat. Fun.

"If I can smell her, she can probably smell me."

It's not like I do this on purpose, it just seems to happen frequently that whenever I'm on an errand, I skip a shower because I'm gonna come back home and do nothing for a while anyway. Similar to that, "why clean up when you're only going to get dirty again?" phrase. The only difference is I'm not going to let myself smell like a dumpster.

You ever smell that? It's fucking disgusting! It's one of the few things my sense of smell CAN register. I know it registers because it makes me wince, recoil in disgust, and gag.

With that, I'll probably start wearing cologne more frequently. Once I figure out the unnecessary complexities behind selecting a smell to adopt and present.

Maybe someone will say, "Damn, you smell GOOD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.