Friday, May 10, 2013

Fingers and Accusations and Questions

A lot of the things I do seem to be subject to accusations and allegations. Most of the time, these allegations are bullshit and are really products of someone projecting their insecurities and self-loathing onto me and my actions. I'm not the bad guy here, your unresolved psychological baggage be! Is!

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this. For example, you ever talk to a girl? And just behave casually around her without any ulterior motives? I know you've spoken innocently to at least a handful.

Why is it that if I even just talk to a girl, it's believed that I want to get in her pants? What if I'm flabbergasted and trying to get somewhere? What if I need to know if I just missed my bus? Surely, these aren't indicators that I want to get it on! Right? Or have I been living underground beneath a desexualized rock and have been living ass-backwards while the surface has become so sensitive and hypersexualized and riddled with so much fear that simply making eye contact has become code for "Let's have intercourse"?!

Yes, that's what we (bad) writers call "hyperbole." But let's be more polite about the examples.

Why is it believed that because I do something good for someone, I'm not just trying to help out but trying to get something else out of it? Is altruism really dead? Or have we become so cynical and insecure that we have to hate something?

Just more unanswered questions that can turn a person into a misanthrope. Or a hermit.

If I was weak enough and had a choice, I'd probably opt to be a hermit. Simply because there'd still be hope for some shred of happiness. And wisdom. Whereas misanthrope implies anger and hatred. Things that to the Dark Side of The Force lead.

So, the next time someone accuses you of trying to get in their pants simply because you asked for the time, raise an eyebrow in disbelief and ignore them. If you're holding onto someone's hand because they're about to fall off a cliff and suddenly get bitchy with you because they think you want their (probably) nonexistent gold, you should still help them up because letting them go and plummet to their death is called murder. Murder is bad. You wouldn't want to deprive someone of life and then get thrown in jail or murdered yourself, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.