Saturday, June 18, 2011

You are ultimately nothing.

You are ultimately nothing.
Conversely, I am everything.
We always change place though.
Please, never reduce me to zero.

Never commit yourself to nothingness.
Commit yourself to everything.
Same.

The universe carries no pretensions
of trying to see your point of view.
It's not going to ask
if you're feeling blue
if you're smile is cherry
or offer you a seat on the trolley or
throw you a rope should you fall from the ferry.

The universe has seen me again and again.
Will see you again and again, too.
As a man, a bird, a rat, a woman, a snake.
With long hair, short, bald, tentacles, tattoos, antennae, scales and gills.

Seen you burn down my huts, I sliced your wrists immediately.
Seen me rebuild worlds that you reduced to dust and cosmic debris.
Burned down my plantations, and set your slaves free.
Seen me shot the last of something
and smirk.
You grinned as you planted a tree tomorrow only to have it wither and die yesterday.

The end starts everything.

The beginning is the great equalizer.

Infinity and nothing are just two sides to a coin.

I'm just a rehash of the spaceships in the Stone Age.

You are ultimately nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.