Saturday, December 24, 2011

Not the Pontius Pilate Approach

If there is a problem, chances are it's all inside your head. Anyone who crosses and/or irks you is not better off dead nor does anyone deserve torture for disagreeing with you. By being themselves, they do not warrant your wrath and fury. Live and let live. That's all I can really say about that matter in particular. It's probably because over time, I've learned, or conditioned myself not to care.

I can say with a fair degree of certainty that nothing bothers me anymore unless I get very passionate about something and it goes horribly wrong. In which case, I'll be less than pleased, to put it nicely. But for the most part, nothing seems to bother me anymore. If there is a problem, I tend to shrug it off because it's all inside my head. Any beef I hold with anyone, I can resolve by solving myself first. Or, calming the fuck down before I activate the doomsday device or any other method of harming others.

That's not to say I wish harm on anyone. I don't wish harm on anyone, even those who disagree with or greatly irk me. Why? Because people are people. I'd like to live and be able to do things; therefore, I treat people the way I would like to be treated. Of course, there are those who push you into the background or just treat you like shit. In those cases, I pity them. Why? Well, I treated them the way I would like to be treated and they obviously did not reciprocate. There's not much that I can do about that so I understand that they will function as they do and will continue on their way.

For me to change them would be hypocritical. Why? Because I would be uncomfortable with someone else changing me, presumably against my wishes. I'd rather be myself, myself and nasty, not somebody else however jolly. I'm fine with helping them improve, if they so choose but I won't go out of my way to get someone to change who they are just because I find (trait A) strange. If (trait A) happens to be a self-destructive vice with no positive effect [sic], then I'd have to step in and at the very least throw out the suggestion that it would be prudent to stop (trait A). Whether that person listens or not is all on them from that point.

No, that doesn't sound like the Pontius Pilate approach.

Whenever I get the urge to make suggestions that would ultimately change things, I pause and keep it to myself unless it would actually help overall / in the long run. Other than that, I just keep things like that to myself because if there really is a problem, I'm the only one seeing it. Of course, one could interpret my generally laid-back approach to life as nonchalant, ambivalent, cruel, and all sorts of other fucked up things but that is a problem inside your head.

One could say that I don't care and that statement could be correct. Another person could say that I care too much and that too would be a correct statement.

The most correct statement is: forward. And this guy isn't making much sense... or is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.