Sunday, December 18, 2011

You

Remember that you are the only you in this enormous, wide world. There may be some who have similar interests as you and might even "look like" you, according to some, but never forget that you are the only you. Clones don't count, they're just copies. You're the real McCoy, the real deal, the genuine article.

Don't ever let yourself be swayed in the wrong direction. Don't let yourself turn you into some thing you don't recognize and despise.

My motto (or one of them) is:

I'd rather be myself. Myself and nasty. Not somebody else however jolly.

I try to live by that as often as I can because even though I go through intense bouts of self-loathing and all that noise, I would still like to remain myself above all other things. I would not like to be that slick dude with a dope ride because I would end up sacrificing what makes me, me. Sure, someday I'll have a dope ride but by then it'll be organic (the progression, I mean).

Don't sway from your own path. Don't sway with the vile and toxic breeze. Remain yourself,

To thine own self be true.

You matter.

You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.