Sunday, December 11, 2011

At the End of the Day

At the end of the day, I sometimes come home very exhausted and want nothing more than to just sleep. Recently, all I've done is come home, lie down, and immediately fall asleep. Unfortunately, my day doesn't end there because I still always have things to do. As such, I have to wake up and resume the remainder of my day with eyes half-closed, yawning with every other sentence. Marvelous.

I'm procrastinating right now but I figured I should write something because it's been a while and I owe something to whoever reads this.

What am I supposed to actually be doing? I'm supposed to be finishing two assignments. 5 pages minimum each. It's not a lot, I know but I have a problem. The problem is that I get very critical of my own work and I have to start my assignments over more than once. This intense dissatisfaction with my own work will be the death of me somehow. It also causes a lot of problems in regards to getting things done in a timely manner.

How? I started these assignments about a month ago. I'm not kidding. I started them a month ago with the intention of finishing them long before this term ended but look how that turned out. Now I'm rushing and writing furiously, and revising as I write. I'll probably lose more sleep and continue working in this mode until it's time to turn them in and said morning of due date finds me weak and weary. Splendid.

Are you as critical with your own work as I am?

This explains why Bottle took so long to actually finish. Well, the last installments anyway. Don't expect A Real Mess to be concluded rather quickly either. I want to make it a good story, brief but ultimately good. Something that I can take some degree of pride in. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, I'll probably hate it too. I don't hate Bottle, I just think it's poorly written. Very poorly written.

I even procrastinated within this post. How's that for fitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.