Friday, April 6, 2012

Deluge of Delusion

You're all crazy. And this is a fact. There's nobody crazier than you. Anybody who tries to outdo you is only scratching the surface of a body of water. Why did I use this example? Because you can scratch the surface of water and nothing will actually happen, or the effect of said scratching will be pretty much be impossible to gauge.

Actually, we're all crazy and deluded or: a gaggle of gullible suckers that will believe anything. I'm part of that group as well though I would say (probably incorrect in saying) that I'm not as gullible as the rest of the gullible saps out there. My only problem, or issue is that I just can't seem to say "No" to people.

That reminds me of Warren Harding. Not in the sense that I, myself, "look like a president" or have any desire to run for political office or anything of the sort. John Marston from Red Dead Redemption said it best: "I'm many things, most of 'em bad. But a man of political principles? No." There are many reasons why Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all-time. But that's another story, for another time.

What I mean is Warren Harding was known for being someone who was very kind, friendly, and generous. He was a pleasant fellow who was prone to violent outbursts of profanity but still remained a friendly chap of sorts. He was afraid of offending people and in a nutshell: was unable to say no. His own father was interviewed and answered to a question with something along the lines of being fortunate that Warren Harding had not been born a girl because he couldn't say no to anything. And I think we all know what that implies.

Now, I don't pretend to know everything about the man because I don't know much about him immediately, other than the stuff I remember from history course lectures. And that's what seemed to stick, probably because I thought it was a hilarious historical tidbit. Still, in a way I am like you who is like Warren Harding as well. You have a hard time denying requests but can be found in denial. Funny, isn't it?

No. You know why? Because you're crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.