Sunday, April 8, 2012

Smiling Passports

This is the first entry of that series about fortune cookie fortunes. I suppose this initial entry should serve as a prologue, obviously. What I guess I'll do is:

• scan and upload the fortune itself, type what it says (if the image doesn't load for whatever reason)
• give some background- where I ate, what I ate, how was it, etc
• present my reaction, thoughts, interpreted meaning (if any) and that should suffice.

I should point out that I may not always remember what I ate or where. There may be an indicator on the fortune- it may say Panda Express, for example. The title of these entries will most likely come from the fortune itself or a variation.

It's all pretty self-explanatory, isn't it?

Right.

Let's get started.

Whenever I go out for Chinese food, I eat the food first and save the fortune cookie for last. Because that's just how I roll. One time someone asked me why I hadn't eaten my fortune cookie and I simply said that I like to save it for last. He in a rather strange way said, "Because you don't want bad luck?" almost sneering. I shrugged it off because it didn't affect me; he made himself look like an ass.

For this first entry... I don't remember what I ate. I ate at place that's about a mile or two from where I live. The place isn't bad, and it gets a fair amount of business from what I can tell. And it should as it is located across the street from a hospital. I'm surprised it's still open given it is also across the street from a McDonald's. That particular McDonald's used to have N64s in its play place. I don't know if they're still there or if they've upgraded to Gamecubes or Wiis but this entry isn't about that McDonald's.

I probably had orange chicken, as I usually do. And beef & broccoli, and something spicy. Because that's how I roll.


A smile is your passport into the hearts of others.


I smirk more than I smile. That's not to say that I don't smile but that I don't smile often. See? Still, I can see where this is going. I keep hearing how smiling actually makes you happy. I'd rather laugh though. Because that includes smiling, laughter, and a good feeling that can extend itself. Once I figure out how to do it, I'll probably start grinning wolfishly like Sam Spade. Let's see what kind of reaction that'll get.


LEARN CHINESE - Boyfriend
男朋友 nan pun yau
Lucky numbers 12, 15, 39, 43, 25, 5


The pronunciation is off, it's missing assisting accent marks. According to Google Translate, at least.
Don't really know what else to say about this side of the fortune. Lucky numbers... for that particular meal?
I don't know why or how I could use this phrase. A more useful phrase would probably be, "May I have some water."
But I don't print these things so I won't knock them too much.

Pretty lackluster first entry but as with all things, these'll improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind, if you so choose.